When it comes to the IT security of your organization, you don’t want to leave anything to chance. These days, the vast majority of businesses worldwide are subject to cyber attack (upwards of 89%, in fact). You can’t risk making it any easier for your critical data to be accessed and stolen.
You may have security protocols in place, but have you audited your cybersecurity lately? Where are your biggest vulnerabilities and what have you not considered? You can’t know unless you ask.
Here are 12 top-level IT security questions you need to be asking:
- Do you have a clear picture of your overall security posture and of how it compares to industry best practices?
- What is your biggest security concern? Do you have the tools to address it?
- Do you currently conduct security assessments, such as penetration tests on a bi-annual basis?
- Does your IT team have the staff it needs to monitor and address your security needs fully?
- Is the process for managing user access provisioning and deprovisioning manual or automated? How long does it take to grant or revoke user access to all of their needed systems?
- Are granular privileged access rights handled consistently across the organization? Are they easily viewed, audited, and modified?
- How many of your network’s user accounts are invalid or dormant? Have you checked?
- Can you detect, in real time, and analyze suspicious activity or actions taken in network systems by any privileged user?
- How are system passwords used and shared among users? How many people have login credentials, and how often are they changed?
- What industry security regulations are you subject to, and are you meeting those minimum requirements?
- How clearly and easily can your organization demonstrate compliance with regulations such as GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA, or the NIS Directive?
- Are you prepared for future cybersecurity regulations that may be enacted?
PAM: Cybersecurity Simplified
Robust cybersecurity doesn’t have to be complicated. You already have many moving parts and pieces to wrangle in your IT infrastructure and strict IT regulations to comply with. Why make it harder with multiple complex solutions when you could streamline compliance and security with one comprehensive solution?
Privileged Access Management delivers powerful, well-rounded cybersecurity through one consolidated platform. The WALLIX Bastion, for example, offers an all-in-one PAM security solution with complete oversight of user access provisioning, session monitoring for automatic termination of access violations, and password management to lock down each system.
Robust cybersecurity doesn’t have to be complicated. Streamline compliance and security with one comprehensive solution
Access – Facilitate external access to your IT infrastructure by both remote employees and external, 3rd-party service providers through a secure web portal. Grant and revoke access permissions at a granular level to the individual resources a user needs to access, and when.
Sessions – Monitor and audit all privileged activity in target resources in real time. Identify suspicious actions and automatically terminate sessions which violate policy for immediate security response.
Passwords – The most secure passwords are the ones that no one knows. Eliminate the need for any user to know the direct login credentials to a critical server; secure passwords in a certified vault and control password complexity and rotation requirements to optimize security and efficiency.
PAM is the answer to your biggest cybersecurity questions. Through defined management of privileged access to your most critical assets, you efficiently deliver increased data security and efficient compliance with the toughest cybersecurity regulations.